Saturday, May 5, 2012

Caramelised Yoghurt - Kolkata's Mishti Doi - India



Think creme caramel style yoghurt! This was so delicious and something I look forward to re-creating when I get home! :)

From what I've read there are a couple of ways you can make this. I think the easier version is by combining the yoghurt with condensed milk and carnation milk an then baking it in the oven. See here for a recipe I found online


Otherwise the more original version is made by caramel using sugar and mixing this with the yoghurt before baking it. See here

If you're at all inspired to give it a go let me know how it turns out! :)

3 comments:

  1. Biss I will try this for you! :)
    Just for you i will take this delicious bullet!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ba baby!!! I'm glad someone will give this a go! How could you resist? :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm attempt 1 failed , added bi carb soda to stop milk curdling, let the milk cool too much before adding the sugar, sugar turned to toffee when I added it the milk. Will try again soon.
    On a positive note, this was my first successful attemp at toffee!

    ReplyDelete